It may seem hard to believe, but over 40% of Americans do not have dental insurance. When our smiles are one of the first things that people notice, it is important to make sure your smile looks and feels healthy. However, one of the reasons people may not have insurance is because they don’t know how to find it. With so many different options to choose from, we can become confused about what dental insurance we actually need. If you are looking for good dental insurance, this may require you to do a little investigating before you purchase the best insurance for you.There are many different ways to find good dental insurance, but before you do begin your search, you will want to ask yourself some questions relating to your specific dental needs. Some questions you may want to ask yourself are:
- What type of dental insurance will you need? There are 3 main classes of dental insurance.
- Do you foresee major dental issues in your future? Such as: braces, tooth extraction, dentures,etc.
- Are you just looking for preventative dental care? Annual teeth cleaning and X-Rays
- How much money are you willing to spend on your dental insurance? This would be either a monthly or yearly premium you would be required to pay for dental insurance.
- How much money are you willing to pay upfront for dentist visits, procedures, surgeries, etc.? Think Copay and out of pocket costs that aren’t covered by your dental insurance plan.
After these questions have been answered, then it is a good time to search for the best dental insurance for your needs. Where to find good dental insurance doesn’t need to be hard and with the world right at our fingertips, good dental insurance is just a click away.
Where To Find Good Dental Insurance
Before searching for dental insurance from another source, first check with your employer or your spouse’s employer to see if they offer dental insurance.You can expect that most employer based insurances will pay half or more of the premium cost of insurance. In most cases, if your employer offers you dental insurance, you may not be able to qualify for a tax credit if you purchase your insurance from another agency.
Another thing to be aware of is that dental insurance is sometimes offered through the Affordable Care Act (ACA). If you have purchased your health insurance through this agency, you may already have dental insurance in you plan. If you do not, you are given the option to purchase dental insurance elsewhere.
If neither of these options are available to you, then it’s time to start your search. The internet has made finding good dental insurance relatively easy as long as you know what you’re looking for. Some great websites to find good dental insurance and get free insurance quotes on are:
- Delta Dental – Delta Dental is one of the nation’s largest insurance provider networks. You can visit their website and view and compare their different plans. If there is a particularly dentist office you want to visit, like Cedar Creek Dental. Call to see if they accept the Delta Dental of Idaho network.
- Cigna – You can purchase online or speak to one of their insurance agents to see what plan is best for you and your family.
- Humana – On Humana’s website, you will be able to enter your information, without signing up for anything, to get a free quote.
Of course, if none of these websites offer you the dental insurance you are looking for, you can always speak with a local agent. Finding good dental insurance through a local insurance agency can seem more appealing to some. When you use a local insurance agency, you can count on friendly service with more of a personal touch. An easy way to find a local dental insurance agent is to call your dentist at Cedar Creek Dental, and ask what type of insurance they accept and if they know of any local agents that they could refer you to.
Cedar Creek Dental, also accepts CareCredit. CareCredit is not insurance but it is an option for people who need a little extra help, with the costs of any type of health and wellness care. CareCredit, can help to pay for the co payment required at some appointments. Also, if you purchased basic dental insurance but it does not cover major procedures, CareCredit can help to pay for that too.
CareCredit can help pay for the following:
- Six Month Checkups, Teeth Cleaning, Fluoride Treatments
- Periodontics, Periodontal Scaling, Periodontal Disease Prevention
- Ceramic Fillings, Sealants, Ceramic Crowns
- Root canals, Teeth Extractions, Dental Implants, Dentures(full and partial)
- Invisalign, Lumineers, Braces, Retainers, Veneers
- Headgear, Bite Plates, and Mouthguards for Sports
If CareCredit seems like something that you would be interested in for your dental care needs, check out their website and apply today!
We don’t think that finding a good dental insurance provider should be difficult. If you are running into problems finding a good dental insurance for your needs, Cedar Creek Dental can help. No matter how you go about finding good dental insurance for you and your loved ones, we can provide you with the oral help you deserve. One of our helpful staff members can answer all of your dental insurance needs and point you in the right direction if you’re having trouble finding dental insurance. Having dental insurance is not just important for your oral health, but it is also important for your overall health.