Choosing the best Rigby dentist begins with research. Just like everything else in life, the more knowledge you can get, the better off you’ll be. And choosing a dentist is no exception. All too often we can find ourselves settling for the status quo. Sure, you may still be using the same dentist you’ve always been using, but can you be sure you’re getting the best service and value for your money?
In this post, we’ll help to explain what to consider when seeking out the best Rigby dentist for you and your family. We don’t want to change your mind, however. We simply want to equip you with the best information possible so that you can make the right choices for you and your family. After all, when it comes to your dental health, you shouldn’t settle for 2nd class service when 1st class service may be just around the corner.
- Credentials – The very first thing to consider when seeking the best Rigby dentist for your family is the experience of your dental professional. Common sense tells us that the the more training, schooling, and experience a dentist has, the better he or she will be able to serve you. This is a no-brainer. You wouldn’t trust just anybody with your dental hygiene and care needs. A well established Rigby dentist needs to have attended and graduated from a well respected and accredited dental school. Here is a list of the top 10 dental schools in the United States, according to StartClass.com. These dental schools are ranked according to class sizes, GPA of the admitted students, and a few other factors. However, just because your Rigby dentist may not have attended any of these schools doesn’t necessarily mean they are ill equipped to be a great dentist. Make it a point to ask to see the educational credentials of your new dentist and do your own homework. Does their school hold accreditation from CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation)? You can click here to find out. Are they board certified? Finally, do they keep themselves involved in on-going training to enhance their skills and services? All dentists should be able to answer these questions without reservation and upon request.
- Online Reputation – One of the best benefits of living in the 21st century is that a wealth of knowledge is literally at our fingertips. Powerful search engines like Google and Bing can help consumers do a large amount of research in a small amount of time. Online reviews by real patients can help future patients filter through the less desirable dentists to find the best Rigby dentist for themselves and their family. Reviews in Google Maps are immediately available to scrutinize and there are even industry specific review sites available to read through. A large amount of bad reviews can indicate a dentist who may not be living up to their promises. Great reviews can indicate a well-functioning dental clinic that places the patient’s needs above all else. While business reviews are a great resource, don’t rely only on them to make your decision to seek out a new Rigby dentist. Which brings us to our 3rd point…
- Word of Mouth – One of the best resources to tap into when looking for a great Rigby dentist is to ask your friends and family who they use. If somebody always receives great service from their Rigby dentist, they will usually be happy to extol a wealth of information concerning the quality of service, comfort, and value they receive. Listen to them. More often than not, they know what they are talking about.
- Community Involvement – Is your Rigby dentist in business just to make money or do they genuinely care about the community? Believe it or not, your Rigby dentist has an interest in their community because they know that contributing their time and resources will pay dividends down the road. After all, your Rigby dentist knows quite a bit about you and your family simply be being familiar with your dental hygiene. And when they get involved with organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, they are going above and beyond when it comes to knowing more about the community than just how well they take care of their teeth. And this is beneficial because your Rigby dentist can help to sponsor favorable policy or law concerning affordable and accessible dental care in the community.
- Presentation – We’ve all heard the saying “first impressions are lasting impressions.” This especially rings true with dentists. Most Rigby dentists are more than happy to show you around their office. Many of them have taken the time to present themselves and their staff in the best light possible. This helps to prove to future patients that safety, privacy, and cleanliness are top priorities at their clinic. Is the front lobby clean and updated with modern conveniences? Is the child play area tidy and free from worn out or broken toys and books? Does the receptionist greet you with a smile and a legitimate concern for your needs? Are exam rooms well stocked and inviting? If your gut is telling you to get out and get out now, it is probably wise to follow those instincts.
Getting More From Your Rigby Dentist
While we could go on for hours about how to find the best Rigby dentist for you and your family, we believe that the 5 items above are a good starting point for your investigative journey. Again, we are not trying to get you to leave your current Rigby Dentist but rather guide you with making the best decisions for your needs. Most of the dentists in southeastern Idaho are of the highest caliber and it is up to you to do your research when considering top quality dental care. Keep in mind that just because a Rigby dentist doesn’t hold every credential under the sun, it is often the case that the best dentists are friendly, personable, and do their best to make you and your family as comfortable as they can. Because at the end of the day, what really matters is that you are satisfied with the care and service you received.
If you need further assistance in choosing a great Rigby dentist, feel free to call Cedar Creek Dental in Rigby, ID. By no means do we claim to be superior to all other options, but we do know what our patients look for in a great Rigby dentist. We’ve been serving the Rigby area since 2010 and we pride ourselves on our dedication to providing our patients with the best quality dental services possible. Do yourself a favor and consider Cedar Creek Dental when you find yourself in search of a Rigby dentist. Call us at (208) 745-8788 and ask to speak to Dr. Mikesell to see what he can do for you and your family. We can’t wait to hear from you!