When it comes right down to it, almost no one likes going to the dentist. The reason for this is pretty straightforward. Your teeth are going to be worked on, and depending on the nature and extent of your dental problem, you’re probably experiencing a substantial degree of pain right now.
In the face of all that pain, the thought of having someone poke and prod at the problem area isn’t a very pleasant thought.
Our teeth are made up of several layers of tissue. Once plaque has essentially “burned” its way past the hard, bony layer of the teeth, it begins entering the tooth pulp – the soft tissue underneath that contains the tooth nerve.
We probably don’t have to tell you, that nerve can light off a firework show in your brain.
Here’s What We Can Do To Ease the Pain and Help You Relax
Not only does our office provide a safe and relaxing environment, our Rigby dental treatments are supplemented with relaxing spa amenities to help calm your nerves. We offer:
- Chair massages
- Warming blankets
- Warm hand wax
- And we’ll even send you home with a sorbet once the treatment is done (we offer many different flavors)
Another thing you will benefit from is our use of conscious sedation. At Cedar Creek Dental, you can sit back and relax while your treatment is being performed. It should also go without saying that we’ll give you a local anesthetic to numb the pain of the procedure itself.
The field of dentistry has come a long way, and many treatments that at one point in history would be considered a nightmare can now be performed with virtually no pain at all.
We can perform the following treatments in a way that keeps your pain level at a minimum, and in the long-run, eliminate it entirely.
Your Rigby Dentist at Cedar Creek Dental Provides All of the Following Treatments
- Dental Exams, Digital X-Rays, and Cleanings – When it comes right down to it, most people simply don’t brush and floss well enough. How many of us can say we brush our teeth twice a day, for two minutes at a time, hitting all key areas, with the right amount of pressure, and then floss afterward? The answer is: too few. That’s why regular dental exams are important. Our Rigby dental services will reveal dental problems that are developing, and help keep your teeth clean. We’ll treat these problems and stave them off from developing further.
- Cerec Same-Day Crowns – You can come in for a dental crown and leave the very same day with it. Unlike many dental clinics, who send you home with a temporary crown that is likely to fall off the moment you bite down on your next meal, our dental crowns are created and put in place the very day you come in for them.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are an excellent way of solving the issue of missing teeth, whether it be caused by decay or trauma. The way our Rigby dental treatment works in this regard is that we start by installing posts down through the gums and into the jawbone. From there, we install dental crowns to these posts. For some patients, this entire process can be completed in a single visit. For others, there needs to be time for the gums and jawbone to “grow around” the implants and stabilize them as much as possible (a process that can take as long as several months). Then, the crowns can be installed.
- Root Canal Therapy – We know you’ve heard all the nightmare stories about root canals. However, as we’ve said, the field of dentistry has come a long way, and that goes for our Rigby dental treatments. Root canals no longer have to the nightmare they once were. When plaque has made its way into the tooth pulp, a root canal is often required. When plaque has created an infected pocket of pus at or near the tooth nerve (usually referred to as an “abcess”), a root canal is definitely required. It doesn’t sound like fun, but in this day and age, a root canal can be performed relatively easily, and it will ultimately eliminate your pain.
- Porcelain Veneers – Falling under the “cosmetic dentistry” realm of our Rigby dental treatments, porcelain veneers are an easy way of covering up stained or misshapen teeth with a porcelain model of teeth that you desire. The process basically involves making a porcelain model of the teeth you want, and placing it over your teeth. Not only do porcelain veneers improve and brighten your smile, they are also stain resistant. They also reflect light, making for a truly radiant smile.
- Porcelain Bridges – A bridge is the ideal solution to the problem of having a missing tooth that sits right next to a tooth that requires a crown. As tooth decay is responsible for both missing teeth and dental damage that goes beyond mere cavities, many people will benefit from our Rigby porcelain bridges. Essentially, a bridge is a dental implant that relies on two surrounding teeth for stability. The implant is installed, and the two surrounding teeth are utilized for support. If both surrounding teeth need crowns, all the better! If not, their dental tissue can be reduced to allow for the bridge.
- White Fillings – Our Rigby dental treatment includes white fillings. We use resin-based fillings, which are valuable for a number of reasons. 1) They are more adhesive than metal fillings, meaning they don’t have to be forced or wedged into place (which can lead to microfractures). 2) They don’t expand and contract due to temperature changes (another factor that can lead to microfractures). .3) They look and feel like natural teeth, meaning no metal mouth!
- Periodontal Disease Treatment – Periodontal disease is a problem caused by plaque (like most dental problems). It occurs when plaque makes its way into and below the gumline. This is why it’s so important to massage the gumline as you brush, clearing plaque from the gumline. Periodontal disease begins as gingivitis, an inflammation of the gums that causes them to bleed easily. In later stages, it develops into periodontitis, a stage in which the gums begin to recede from the teeth, leading to loose and often missing teeth. Our Rigby dental treatment includes periodontal treatment. We can help slow down, reverse, and treat periodontal disease.
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions – As any dentist will tell you, it’s better to get these out sooner rather than later. The longer you put these off, the more serious and complicated the problems become. Cedar Creek Dental’s Rigby dental treatments include safe and effective wisdom teeth extractions. No matter what your age or what the problem may be, we can remove them and eliminate your pain.